What Are RESOLVE Support Groups?
RESOLVE offers two different support group options.
Peer-led Support Groups
- A RESOLVE volunteer hosts and facilitates peer-led support groups.
- A peer-led support group is not intended to be a replacement for private counseling or a professionally-led support group.
- Peer-led support groups are composed of a varying number of people.
- Groups are often “drop in” in nature.
- Generally a peer-led group lasts two hours.
Professionally-led Support Groups
- A mental health professional leads a professionally-led support group.
- The support group leader will provide a safe place where individuals can process feelings relating to infertility or their family building efforts.
- Professionally led support groups are often composed of 8 to 10 individuals or 4 to 5 couples.
- Sessions are scheduled weekly for 10-12 weeks. Support group leaders often have an intake appointment with each participant prior to the start of the group.
- The support group leader will bring up specific topics for discussion.
- The support group leader will ensure that no one person dominates the group.
Click here to find a support group in your area.