In Your Area
Right in your community is the perfect place to start raising awareness. No effort is too small. The infertility community is building a strong grassroots movement all over the country. Take a moment to think about what being part of this movement means to you.
Here are some community-focused ideas to help raise awareness about the disease of infertility:
2012 NIAW Wellesley Library Display
- Ask your library to set up a display of infertility/adoption related books and provided them with signs about National Infertility Awareness Week.
- Host a Happy Hour: Invite friends, family, supporters, coworkers, etc. to a Happy Hour at your favorite local watering hole. To raise awareness download Infertility 101 facts from RESOLVE’s web site and put a new twist on this happy hour...NO "baby talk" allowed!
- Host a Dinner Party: Invite those who have helped you during your infertility journey over for dinner to say “Thank You”. Let them know you’ve made a donation to RESOLVE in their name or ask them to help you support your favorite infertility charity.
- Benefit night at a local restaurant: Check in with your favorite local hangouts. Many restaurants already have programs in place to help you fundraise at their establishment. Be a guest bartender? Or hand out coupons to their establishment for a percentage of profits for that evening.
- Get Fit: Ask your yoga instructor or personal trainer for a donated class. Invite your friends to attend a special yoga/aerobics/step class donated by a trainer. Their admission fee of $20 becomes a donation, and the trainer gets the chance to build their client base. It’s a win-win for all.
- Bring Infertility Awareness/RESOLVE materials to your local ob/gyn offices—pay it forward and inform others!
How will you spread infertility awareness in your area? Click here to submit your event to RESOLVE to be listed on the National Infertility Awareness Week Calendar of Events.