Fundraise for Awareness
You can do something that will have a BIG impact on RESOLVE’s ability to improve the lives of women and men with infertility. RESOLVE is a non-profit, charitable organization and exists because of volunteers and through charitable giving.
Even if you are an experienced fundraiser or this is your first attempt, you can make a difference by planning a fundraiser – big or small. Your efforts will raise needed funds for RESOLVE programs, call attention to the disease of infertility
Like to Party?
- Host a Dinner Party: Invite those who have helped you during your infertility journey over for dinner to say “Thank You”. Let them know you’ve made a donation to RESOLVE in their name and ask them to match your gift.
- Gifts: Instead of a gift for your birthday, holiday, house-warming, showers, ask your friends and family to make a donation to RESOLVE. Oh, and just to make it easier on you, RESOLVE can provide you with special thank you cards.
- Benefit night at a local restaurant: Check in with your favorite local hangouts. Many restaurants already have programs in place to help you fundraise at their establishment. Be a guest bartender? A guest griller? Or hand out coupons to their establishment for a percentage of profits for that evening.
- Sweat it out! Ask your yoga instructor or personal trainer for a donated class. Invite your friends to attend a special yoga/aerobics/step class donated by a trainer. Their admission fee of $20 becomes a donation, and the trainer gets the chance to build their client base. It’s a win-win for all.
- Challenge Yourself: Honor the challenges that so millions need to overcome when they face infertility. Set a goal to finish a specific challenge (5k, Tri-Athlon, even a 2 mile walk) and ask people to sponsor you if you complete it. Individuals can pledge any amount that will motivate you, and all donations will be sent to RESOLVE. Join the Challenge Yourself fundraising fun!
- Rummage for RESOLVE: Free your mind and your home of clutter! Host a neighborhood or community rummage sale and donate the proceeds to RESOLVE. Use the event to raise awareness of infertility and share information about RESOLVE. You never know who you might help just by bringing this disease out in public! Discover how to participate in Rummage for RESOLVE here.
- Go Blue: Ask your employer if the company can sponsor you with a Denim Day - employees who donate $10 to RESOLVE can wear jeans to work on a special day.
- GO Viral: Host a call to action on your social media page and challenge other people to support you by donating to RESOLVE.
Tips for a Successful Fundraising Campaign
Share your story?
Share your story and let people know what it is like livening with infertility. For many, there has to be a personal connection to motivate them to make a donation to a cause. If you can share a part of your story or experience, it will help others understand the real impact of the disease of infertility on women, men and families. If you have never shared your story before, you might be surprised at how others will open up about their own experiences—either their own infertility journey or a loved one’s. Pictures also help personalize your story.
Ask for a donation
You will be surprised as to what a difference a simple ask can make. There are many different ways to ask others to support your favorite infertility charity. Go ahead , reach out to your personal network of friends, families and colleagues for a direct contribution to RESOLVE.
Thank your donors
A simple “Thank You” goes a long way. Don’t forget to thank the people who donated. Personal, handwritten notes show donors how much their support means to you Even an email will go a long way in acknowledging that someone participated in a cause you care about. Remember: with your help and theirs, we will change lives!
Tell RESOLVE what you’re doing to recognize National Infertility Awareness Week® in your community and we’ll add it to the list! Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about holding a fundraising event should be sent to email@example.com.