Bloggers Unite Participation Instructions
Here is how to participate in the challenge.
Theme: “Join the Movement…” and fill in the blank as it relates to the disease of infertility and the journey to resolution. Read more about the theme here.
Post: Publish your post during National Infertility Awareness Week, April 21-27, 2013. Please start your post by naming it “Join the Movement ” at the top of the post.
Educate: Your blog posts will be read by a wide range of people including those holding public office and the media. Because they may be reading your post without a basic understanding of infertility or National Infertility Awareness Week®, we want to give everyone a quick way to read more. At the bottom of your post, please add these two links:
- http://www.resolve.org/infertility101 (Basic understanding of the disease of infertility.)
- http://www.resolve.org/national-infertility-awareness-week/about.html (About NIAW)
Share: Tweet about your "Join the Movement…” blog submissions using #niaw. Update your Facebook profile with the link to promote your blog to your friends and family. This will help spread the word about National Infertility Awareness Week and the infertility movement. You may also find inspiration to write another post from the reaction of others.
Submit: Would you like to be considered for the RESOLVE Hope Award for Best Blog? Return here and fill out this survey to submit your post for award consideration. All blogs on the list will be considered for RESOLVE’s Hope Award for Best Blog presented at the 2013 Night of Hope.
Make it Official: Download and add a National Infertility Awareness Week badge to your blog or website with a link to the National Infertility Awareness Week (www.resolve.org/niaw)
Hope Award for Best Blog
|Holly Gregg and her husband, Ready to Be a Mom
2012 Hope Award for Best Blog Awardee
1. What is the deadline for submitting a blog post to be eligible for the Hope Award for Best Blog?
ANSWER: You must participate in the challenge between April 21-April 27, 2013 to be considered.
2. Can you enter multiple times with links to different blogs?
ANSWER: Sure, but we’d prefer that each blog entry address a different subject under the “Join the Movement...” theme. The goal of this project is to educate the public so a variety of topics is most appealing.
3. Who picks the nominees for the Hope Award for Best Blog?
ANSWER: Once the project wraps up on April 27th, RESOLVE staff and volunteers will look at the blogs that have been entered into the challenge. We will choose the top 5 blogs that are infertility focused whose virtual initiative and mission is to foster awareness about the disease of infertility in a positive and informative manner. Once we have 5 nominees we'll ask the RESOLVE community to vote for their favorite. We'll contact the winner in July and the winner will be invited to attend RESOLVE's Night of Hope in New York City.
4. What does RESOLVE hope to accomplish with this project?
ANSWER: RESOLVE’s goal is to increase the conversation about infertility and to inform the public that:
- Infertility is a disease that affects 1 in 8 couples of reproductive age
- There are many ways to build a family
- Help reduce the stigma by bringing attention to the details/issues/costs surrounding all ways people diagnosed with infertility can build a family.
- Understand when to seek the help of a specialist
- Inspire others
5. How do I reach someone at RESOLVE with questions?
ANSWER: Please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org