Bloggers Unite Participation Instructions
Here is how to participate in the challenge.
“You Are Not Alone” as it relates to the disease of infertility and the journey to resolution. Read more about the theme here.
How Can I Get My Post Listed on the NIAW Website:?
Publish your post during National Infertility Awareness Week, April 19-25, 2015. Please start your post by naming it “You Are Not Alone” at the top of the post. Would you like to be considered for the RESOLVE Hope Award for Best Blog? Return here and fill out this survey to submit your post for award consideration. All blogs on the list will be considered for RESOLVE’s Hope Award for Best Blog presented at the 2015 Night of Hope.
Educate the Public about the Disease of Infertility:
Your blog posts will be read by a wide range of people including those holding public office and the media. Because they may be reading your post without a basic understanding of infertility or National Infertility Awareness Week®, we want to give everyone a quick way to read more. At the bottom of your post, please add these two links:
- http://www.resolve.org/about-infertility/what-is-infertility/ (Basic understanding of the disease of infertility.)
- http://www.resolve.org/national-infertility-awareness-week/about.html (About NIAW)
Promote Your Blog Post:
Tweet about your "You Are Not Alone” blog submissions using #niaw. Use social media to promote your blog to your friends and family. This will help spread the word about National Infertility Awareness Week and the infertility movement. You may also find inspiration to write another post from the reaction of others.
Make it Official:
Download and add the National Infertility Awareness Week badge to your blog or website with a link to the National Infertility Awareness Week (www.resolve.org/niaw)
How do I Submit My Blog for the Hope Award for Best Blog?
1. What is the deadline for submitting a blog post to be eligible for the Hope Award for Best Blog?
ANSWER: You must participate in the challenge between April 19-April 25, 2015 to be considered.
2. Can you enter multiple times with links to different blogs?
ANSWER: Sure, but we’d prefer that each blog entry address a different subject under the “You Are Not Alone” theme. The goal of this project is to educate the public so a variety of topics is most appealing.
3. Who picks the nominees for the Hope Award for Best Blog?
ANSWER: Once the project wraps up on April 26th, RESOLVE staff and volunteers will look at the blogs that have been entered into the challenge. We will choose the top 5 blogs that are infertility focused whose virtual initiative and mission is to foster awareness about the disease of infertility in a positive and informative manner. Once we have 5 nominees we'll ask the RESOLVE community to vote for their favorite. We'll contact the winner in July and the winner will be invited to attend RESOLVE's Night of Hope in New York City.
4. What does RESOLVE hope to accomplish with this project?
ANSWER: RESOLVE’s goal is to increase the conversation about infertility and to inform the public that:
- Infertility is a disease that affects 1 in 8 couples of reproductive age
- There are many ways to build a family
- Help reduce the stigma by bringing attention to the details/issues/costs surrounding all ways people diagnosed with infertility can build a family.
- Understand when to seek the help of a specialist
- Inspire others
5. How do I reach someone at RESOLVE with questions?
ANSWER: Please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org