25 Ways to Support the Infertility Movement
RESOLVE provides support to women and men with infertility. You can help too by providing support to RESOLVE. Here are 25 ways you can support the infertility movement.
- Let people know that infertility is a disease, and that RESOLVE is a non-profit, charitable organization that improves the lives of women and men with infertility.
- Donate to RESOLVE. RESOLVE relies on charitable contributions from individuals and companies to underwrite free and low cost education, support, and advocacy programs for women and men with infertility. Donations of any amount make a difference.
- Give a gift. In lieu of a gift for a special occasion, ask your friends and family to make a donation to RESOLVE. RESOLVE can provide you with special thank you cards.
- Host a party. Invite those who have helped you during your infertility journey over for a party to say “thank you.” Let them know you’ve made a donation to RESOLVE in their name and ask them to match your gift.
- Benefit night at a local restaurant. Many restaurants already have programs in place to help you fundraise at their establishment.
- Get fit. Ask your yoga instructor or personal trainer to donate a class as a fundraising event. Invite your friends to attend for a fee which becomes a donation to RESOLVE.
- Sponsor me! Set a goal to finish a specific challenge (5k, triathlon, a 2 mile walk) and ask people to sponsor you if you complete it. Individuals can pledge any amount, and all donations will be sent to RESOLVE.
- Community event/yard sale. Host a neighborhood or community event (golf tournament, fashion show, 5k) and donate the proceeds to RESOLVE. Use the event to raise awareness about infertility and share information about RESOLVE. You never know who you might help just by bringing this disease out in public!
- Dress down at work. Ask your employer if the company can sponsor you with a dress down day - employees who donate $10 to RESOLVE can wear jeans to work on a special day.
- Email family members, friends, co-workers, and business associates. Be sure to look at your holiday card mailing list, too! Remember, the more people you email, the more donations you will raise.
- Make it personal. People give to people. Share something about yourself, why you are raising money for RESOLVE, and how infertility has affected you.
- Include your fundraising goal and ask for a specific dollar amount. Something like, “I am trying to raise $15 from 20 people to reach my goal of $300.”
- Provide facts about infertility. Let them know it is a disease that affects 1 in 8 couples, and that RESOLVE is doing important work to improve the lives of women and men with infertility.
- Include a link to the RESOLVE online donation page. Your supporters can use the tribute form to make a gift in your honor and RESOLVE will alert you to gifts given in your name. Checks should be made payable to RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association. RESOLVE will send donors an acknowledgment of the gift with the tax information. And don’t forget to give people a deadline.People are more likely to take action if there is a specific end date.
- Share your story: For most people, there has to be a personal connection to motivate them to make a donation to a cause. If you can share a part of your story or experience, it will help others understand the real impact of the disease of infertility on women, men, and families.
- Get involved in fun events with the infertility community. Participate in a Walk of Hope and begin a fundraising page. There are many resources available to you to help you meet your fundraising goal.
- Honor someone diagnosed with infertility or someone who helped you on your journey with a donation to RESOLVE.
- Get your employer involved through workplace giving.
- Sponsor a RESOLVE event and get recognized for supporting the infertility community.
- Partner with RESOLVE to achieve shared goals within the infertility community.
- Become a RESOLVE professional member to reach those looking for local services from trusted professionals.
- Subscribe to RESOLVE’s quarterly newsletter with a donation of $35 and you’ll receive important information on the disease of infertility from noted professionals in the field and from women and men just like you.
- Donate your time. Volunteer or start a RESOLVE Support Group.
- Become an advocate. RESOLVE depends on advocates to fight for and protect the family building options of infertile couples.
- Thank your donors. Don’t forget to thank your donors. Personal, handwritten notes show donors how much their support means to you. Or consider creating a special postcard with a photo and personal message that you can sign and mail. And if all else fails, an email goes a long way.
Hold a fundraising event: It does not matter if you are an experienced fundraiser or if this is your first event, you can make a difference by planning a fundraiser – big or small. Your efforts will raise needed funds for RESOLVE programs, call attention to the disease of infertility to new audiences, and inspire others to join the movement. We understand that infertility is a serious subject, but you can have fun with your efforts. Here are some ideas and tips to help you make the most of your experience.
Launch a fundraising campaign: Letter writing and email campaigns are the most effective fundraising methods! Here are some simple steps for making your writing campaign successful.
Other ways to give:
And don’t forget: